Friday, October 16, 2009

Daisy Chain

Breaking news: We kind of are hippies.

And probably my favorite accessory ever is the daisy chain. Let me tell you why:
- Nostalgia
- Handmade (but anyone can make them)
- They wilt, which is sad, but I think teaches how delicate life is-- this was an important lesson for me as a young'un
- So pretty and sweet
- The best things in life are free
- I love feminine things
- They make me feel like a goddess/fairy/wood nymph
- Good entertainment for long hikes
- Very dynamic-- a few buttercups can be thrown in, they can be lengthened and shortened on a whim, etc.
- Fragrant

I could go on for hours like this, but I think this photograph says it all...



And can I say a few words about my hair?
(I am the one in the middle)
You see, I had wanted to shave my head. Don't ask me why, it was just so. I foolishly assumed my parents would be okay with this. Eva (elder sister), a bad influence as usual, was all for it and excitedly cut it all off one night (at my request). We were just calling a friend to get her head-buzzing apparatus when my parents came home and got SUPER MAD. My hair was a little shorter than it was in the picture, and I was left there, literally inches away from my goal. Painfully close.
I am still planning on shaving my head some day.
Moral of the story:
If I had been allowed go the full distance, I would be satisfied by now. But I still have this itch-- just let your children deal with their own hair, parents. They could be doing worse things with their freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment