Wednesday, August 11, 2010

to romp or not to romp

Rompers have been in fashion for a while now. But I've never been sure whether I'm pro- or anti-romper, so I decided to do some research.

First off, here are some pros and cons that I can think of off the top of my head:
pros: -more comfortable than a dress (built in shorts, hello!)
-doesn't fly up!
-easier to show off your legs (if you're willing), as it's easier to wear in shorter lengths, due to the shorts.
cons: -may make you look like a toddler
-may cause unsightly camel toe (I would have linked a picture, but I thought it might be offensive).
-can be unflattering in general (fitting too snugly in the butt, make your torso look
out of proportion, etc.

But, let's get to the pictures. I did a lot of Google Image searches to find all these, so I can't credit all of them.

This first romper is from Dolce Vita, which I picked to show the evolution of rompers from high-fashion boutique to mainstream store.

I like the strapless/sweetheart cut, and the print (I don't want to say "tribal" because somehow it seems politically incorrect) is pretty but also versatile. You could wear it with something blue, grey, black, brown, etc. You know.

The next romper is from the Charlotte Ronson for JC Penney line, I ♥ Ronson
. Usually the stuff in this line ranges from $20 to $60, so I think this romper is semi-affordable (although in my world, if it's not under $30, it ain't going in my shopping cart).

Again, teeny florals have been very in for a while now. The thicker straps also make this one more adaptable for fall, with maybe a long-sleeved dark shirt or a cardigan.

I think I should tell you all that I have a problem with wearing dresses and skirts in the summer. If I do wear either one, then I have to wear shorts underneath. I hate that sticky, sweaty feeling, but if you're wearing a romper, I think that this problem would be eliminated. But I digress.

Anyway, here's some styling things you can look at.


Yeah, I know it's Kourtney Kardashian. But she still dresses cute.

Yes! YES!!! I LOVE this! If I bought a romper, it would be like this one. Simple, cottony, plain. And those boots! That cardigan! If only I owned those things.

Well, it's 12:30 AM, and I have an orthodontist appointment tomorrow morning. But I have to tell you, that the ultimate way to rock (yeah, that's right, I said it) a romper is like this:

d'awwwwwww.
(p.s., is it not a little bit scary how fashionable this would be if they made it for adults? think about it.)

2 comments: